"And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man." (Luke 2:52)
The purpose of Smyrna Youth Ministries is to expose students to the gospel of Jesus Christ, equip them with the understanding of the Lordship of Christ over all of life, and to exhort them to think Biblically and critically in their journey towards adulthood. All by the Grace of God. All for the Glory of God.
Smyrna Youth Ministry is for youth from 6th – 12th grade.
Every week, our Middle School and High School students gather for instruction that is Bible-centered and Christ-exalting. We cover several different topics throughout the year that are age appropriate to the youth we serve.
Our programs for youth at Smyrna include:
Sunday School - (Sunday, 9:45 A.M.)
PYF - Presbyterian Youth Fellowship - (Wednesday, 7:00 P.M.)
Fall Youth Retreat
Communicants Class (offered yearly)
Smyrna Youth Ministry Purpose Statement:
1. This ministry is to be covenantal in that it will be primarily aimed at the covenant children of this congregation.
2. This ministry is to be relational in that personal contact between staff, volunteers, and students will be key to effective discipleship.
3. This ministry is to be parental in that our goal is to assist, encourage, support, supplement and complement healthy family Christian nurture.
4. This ministry is to be discipleship-oriented in that our goal is to see our young people become mature Christians rooted and grounded in grace.
5. This ministry is to be ordinary means of grace-based in that through the ministry of the word, participation in the sacraments, and the life of prayer is the normal way God brings about growth in the Christian life.
6. This ministry is to be missions-minded in that having received from the Lord the good news of the gospel and His grace,our young people go out to fulfill the great commission by being salt and light in the world.